P Is For… Projects!

ngwnaprilatozedited1

Projects.  We all have them, don’t we?  I sometimes feel that my projects, stretched end-to-end down my street, would stretch from here to Australia.  Except, my street doesn’t point toward Australia; it would probably end up somewhere around the Cape Horn.  But I digress.

Today I worked on some posts for my own blog, the craft one that I call Knoontime Knitting.  I’ve been talking about all different crafts, sort of the A-Z of crafts as I could come up with things.  Monday’s letter is “Q” and I picked quilling, a type of paper art that’s quite lovely.  I haven’t really tried it yet, other than to find that winding those little tiny strips of paper takes a precise and delicate hand.  Someday when I have some time for a new craft, I’ll give it another shot.

That got me thinking about projects, and how so many of my friends all have the same problem:  we have stuff to do, but there’s more stuff than time.

So what about you, Dear Reader?
What projects are you planning to do “someday,” but haven’t started yet today?

8 thoughts on “P Is For… Projects!

1. My only project right now is getting my book finished. I do wish I was good with my hands though. Aside from a little cross stitch which wasn’t great, I’m pretty abysmal. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two 😉

1. A. Catherine Noon says:

Hi, Henrietta! The key to neat cross-stitch is to have the crosses all the same direction – right cross on bottom, left on top, or vice versa. That makes it have that characteristic sheen. The other thing is that if you pull your canvas out of shape, then work it on an embroidery hoop. 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment!

2. laraarcher says:

Projects, projects, projects!!! Oh, yes, they could stretch to the moon and back! Books to finish, a garden that needs to be rescued from weeds, fences falling down, shaggy dog who needs a trim…I have to squint while walking through my house so I don’t notice it all.

1. A. Catherine Noon says:

Yes, garden. I live in Chicago and because of the weird winters we’ve had, the rats have proliferated. My neighbor refuses to do what the city asks, so they have nested in his shed and side lot, which means they have a base from which to vandalize and tunnel in my tiny raised bed. It’s so demoralizing. I’m giving it one more season before I consider throwing in the towel – I don’t want to let fifteen years of building the garden go down the drain because of a neighbors selfishness. Grr.

Projects. See what i mean? ~grin~

3. Nona Raines says:

Well, at the moment I have several different shades of pain on my living room wall, “trying them out”–and I still can’t decide which color looks best! LOL, one of these days I’ll finish the project of painting my living room! An interesting topic, Noony! Thank you!

1. A. Catherine Noon says:

I read that several times and still love “shades of pain.” 😉 I know what you mean, but it’s an apt description of the reality. I wish you all the luck in the world with your project!

4. Dani Wade says:

I have projects I dream about, but never get to because I’m too busy writing. 🙂 Some home decorating and painting the outside trim would be first on my list. Mostly I just wish I could hire someone to take over my “projects” for me!

1. A. Catherine Noon says:

I know what you mean. Having a housekeeper and butler, not to mention a groundskeeper, sounds like to much fun! 😉