I’m Jianne Carlo and I’ll be your host for this HOT— yeah, I’m being snarky—contest. If you have any questions, drop me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or leave a comment below. Let’s hit the contest ground running!
Summer’s hot and the kitchen’s hotter, so the Nice Girls are looking for great recipes to cool us (and YOU!) down this summer. Our contest runs from AUGUST 4TH – 17TH. We’re posting daily featured recipes on the blog from each of our Nice Girls, but we want you to participate.
Post your own cool-down recipes in the comment section of the featured post. The recipe can be for a drink, an appetizer, an entrée, or a yummy dessert. Each recipe you post enters you to win our GRAND PRIZE OF A $50 AMAZON GIFT CARD at the end of our contest. More recipes = more entries.
At the end of our contest, FOUR lucky readers will be chosen by the Nice Girls for second place prizes, one in each food category. So make your recipes delightful, readers, because we get to vote on the ones we like best. The recipe in each category with the most votes wins an AMAZON GIFT CARD prize!
Now for today’s Featured Recipe: Frozen Lemon Dessert from Nice Girl Nona Raines
- 8 oz. (1 cup) heavy cream
- 11 – 12 oz (1 jar) lemon curd (try to get the kind without artificial coloring/additives)
- Pour chilled cream into a bowl and whip it until the cream forms soft peaks.
- Fold in the lemon curd and combine gently until thoroughly mixed.
- Place paper cupcake liners into a cupcake pan and scoop in portions of the lemon cream. Place in the freezer until frozen. Or, if you’re impatient like me, just layer the cream with fresh fruit in a parfait glass and forget the freezer all together!
Hope you enjoy this yummy, easy, gluten-free dessert!
Readers, don’t forget to post your favorite recipes in the comments section, now through AUGUST 17TH, for a chance to win our Grand Prize of a $50 Amazon gift card or one of Four AMAZON GIFT CARD Prizes! Winners will be announced August 21st!
The Nice Girls Writing Naughty