I’m Jianne Carlo and I’ll be your host for this HOT— yeah, I’m being snarky—contest. If you have any questions, drop me an email (email@example.com), or leave a comment below. Let’s hit the contest ground running!
Summer’s hot and the kitchen’s hotter, so the Nice Girls are looking for great recipes to cool us (and YOU!) down this summer. Our contest runs from AUGUST 4TH – 17TH. We’re posting daily featured recipes on the blog from each of our Nice Girls, but we want you to participate.
Post your own cool-down recipes in the comment section of the featured post. The recipe can be for a drink, an appetizer, an entrée, or a yummy dessert. Each recipe you post enters you to win our GRAND PRIZE OF A $50 AMAZON GIFT CARD at the end of our contest. More recipes = more entries.
At the end of our contest, FOUR lucky readers will be chosen by the Nice Girls for second place prizes, one in each food category. So make your recipes delightful, readers, because we get to vote on the ones we like best. The recipe in each category with the most votes wins an AMAZON GIFT CARD prize!
This sauce is a great break from the traditional red barbeque sauce! Tangy and sweet, your guests will keep coming back for more. Pair with your version of potato salad and slaw for a yummy summer meal.
- 6 TBSP sugar
- 1.5 TBSP salt
- 9 TBSP melted butter
- 3 TBSP yellow mustard
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ TBSP black pepper
- 2 small shakes liquid smoke
- Meat of choice, but tastes great on chicken, pork, or country style ribs
- Mix sugar, salt, and black pepper into melted butter. Then whisk in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Grill or bake meat until halfway done. Then brush barbeque sauce onto outside of meat, alternating sides. Caution: sauce will burn if left over open flame too long.
Readers, don’t forget to post your favorite recipes in the comments section, now through AUGUST 17TH, for a chance to win our Grand Prize of a $50 Amazon gift card or one of Four AMAZON GIFT CARD Prizes! Winners will be announced August 21st!
The Nice Girls Writing Naughty
Photo courtesy of Morguefile.com